Fireworks can cause burns, eye injuries or more severe injuries to adults and children. XL Fireworks urges everyone to follow all directions and to play it safe while celebrating. Before the fireworks show begins, make sure everyone knows about fireworks safety.
Always use fireworks outside and in a clear area.
Always make sure there is a bucket or water and/or a hose nearby.
Do not use fireworks on dry grass.
Point fireworks away from homes and bystanders.
Light one firework at a time.
If a firework doesn’t work properly (a “dud”), leave it be – never relight a dud. Wait at least 20 minutes before approaching it and soak it in a buckets of water.
Don’t hold fireworks or place them on bare skin.
Do not aim or point fireworks at anyone or anything.
When you’re done – soak all fireworks in a bucket of water before disposal.
Do not wear loose clothing while handling fireworks.
Alcohol and fireworks do not mix
If you’re drinking – do not use fireworks. This is potentially a deadly combination.
Kids and fireworks
We sell products geared towards kids. These items should still be used under adult supervision at all times. Even a sparkler can reach almost 2,000°F – that’s hot enough to melt gold!
Make sure kids keep items like sparklers away from their face, clothing and hair.
Always use caution when handling fireworks – your child may not be able to use a firework properly!
Use proper judgement when allowing a child to use fireworks – perhaps they might be better off watching the show or using a glow stick.
IF ANYONE IS INJURED BY FIREWORKS – SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
IF A FIREWORK CAUSES A FIRE OR STARTS SMOKING ON A HOUSE OR OTHER PROPERTY – CALL 911.